Benefits of Vitamin K2
Certificates / Sources
Below is a list of documents which support our standards. The first three documents are certifications from the manufacturing company. These are proofs of GMP status. According to Wikipedia ‘GMPs are enforced in the United States by the US FDA, under Section 501(B) of the 1938 Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 USCS § 351). The regulations use the phrase “current good manufacturing practices” (cGMP) to describe these guidelines.’
The Certificate of Analysis is proof that the final testing of the product passed requirements for potency. The actual concentration of K2 was 54mcg as opposed to our claimed 50mcg. There have been documented situations where the claimed end product did not contain what the label claimed.
- GMP Requirements in NSF-ANSI Standard 173
- GMP for Sport (Radecki)
- NPA Certificate (August 2012 – July 2013)
- Certificate of Analysis Vitamin K2
- Bolland MJ, Grey A Avenell, et al. Calcium supplements with or without vitamin D and risk of cardiovasculat events:reanalysid of the Women’s Health Initiative limited access dataset and meta-analysis. BMJ 2011,342:d2040.
- Geleijnse JM, Witteman JC, and Et Al. “Dietary Intake of Menaquinone Is Associated with a Reduced Risk of Coronary Heart Disease: The Rotterdam Study.” The Journal of Nutrition (n.d.): n. pag.
- Howard LM,Payne AG, Health Benefits of Vitamin K2,Basic Health Publications,2006, p16-18.
- McCann and Ames. Vitamin K, an example of triage theory: is micronutrient inadequacy linked to diseases of aging? Am J Clin Nutr 90:889-907 (2009).
- Price PA, Faus SA, Williamson MK. Warfarin-induced artery calcification is accelerated by growth and vitamin D. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2000 Feb, 20(2):317-27.
- Rheaume-Blue K, Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox,2012 p12-14,
- Sato T, Schurgers LJ,Uenishi K. Comparison of Menaquinone-4 and meaquinone-7 bioavaiability in healthy women. Nutrition Journal 2012, 11:93
- Schurgers LJ, Dissel PE, Spronk HM, et al. Role of vitamin K and vitamin K-dependent proteins in vascular calcification. Z Kardiol. 2001;90 Suppl 3:57-63.
- Schurgers LJ, Aebert H, Vermeer C, Bultmann B, Janzen J. Oral anticoagulant treatment: friend or foe in cardiovascular disease? Blood. 2004 Nov 15;104(10):3231-2.
- Steven M. Plaza, ND, LAc, and Davis W. Lamson, MS, ND. Vitamin K2 in Bone Metabolism and Osteoporosis. Altern Med Rev 2005;10(1):24-35
- Toshiro Sato1*, Leon J Schurgers2 and Kazuhiro Uenishi3 Comparison of menaquinone-4 and menaquinone-7 bioavailability in healthy women Nutrition Journal 2012, 11:93 doi:10.1186/1475-2891-11-93
- Tsukamoto Y, et al. Intake of fermented soybean (natto) increases circulating vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) and gamma-carboxylated osteocalcin cocentration in normal individuals. Journal Bone Mineral Metabolism. 2000;18(4):216-22.
- Examining the Effects of Natto (fermented soybean) Consumption Lifestyle-Related Diseases 6 page pdf – National Cardiovascular Center (Suita, Osaka, Japan) 2006
- www.nutraingredients.com/Research/More-evidence-for-natto-vitamin-K-bone-health-benefits Daniells S. May 23, 2006
- https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminK/ Linus Pauling Institute 20008
- If you are pregnant, nursing or taking prescription medications including anticoagulants, consult your health care practitioner prior to use.
- Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Personal and payment information obtained through this website will not be disclosed to any third party companies.
Manufactured in the USA